Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Are you AVAILable?

There is this thing called life. Sometimes it moves at a snail's pace when one is looking forward to an event. Sometimes it moves so fast it is like the blink of an eye. Other times we let all the hustle and bustle and activities and responsibilities get the best of us. We put things first that shouldn't be. We think of ourselves before others, before God. We contemplate why things don't go our way. Then you meet someone with cancer. Or a kid whose mom is dying. A guy whose striving to bring others to Christ while his own body fails him. You finally stop to realize that you aren't focusing on the right things. That you want more for yourself. And when you prayer the prayer that asks God to allow you to be his delivery person. To send YOU. You focus once again on what truly matters in this world. Living Like Jesus.

Today, Pastor Cal challenged us to prayer this prayer every day during our small group journey..."Today I am a delivery person for God. Please, Lord, send me." He dared us to do so. I accept the challenge. Do you? Do you accept the Master Key? The key that gives you Access to the throne room of heaven? Do you Volunteer to do His good works? Do you Agree (in advance) to act when you are nudged by God? Do you Invite God's spirit into your life to lead and empower you? Do you Look for God's activity as you go through the day?

I never thought I would be able to perform miracles. I think I have had the taste of one, and I want more. I am AVAILable to you, God. Please send me on a miracle mission today and forever more.
Do you accept? Grab the Master Key and go for it!

(based on Cal Rychener's message on Oct 2-3, 2010 and also based on Bruce Wilkinson's book, You Were Born For This)

1 comment:

  1. YES, I am in! I am here, Lord. . .send me! I too have had a taste of everyday miracles and I want more! Let's go, Mandi!! :-)

    ReplyDelete