Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

God's Hands

I was driving home from meeting my sister at Kohl's to give her a change of clothes. It was then that I put my right hand at the top of the steering wheel. I had my IPOD hooked up and was jammin' to the likes of Jeremy Camp, Fee, Casting Crowns, Downhere, and more. I was singing "You are Everything." That is when I noticed it. Through the clouds, it looked as if fingers were stretching out toward me. The light shone through just like it looks at Northwoods during worship. The stream of light is smoky yet runs deep. It causes you to stare through it, in it, and see beyond it. The fingers stretched across the sky wider than you could imagine and reached toward me as if to call me home. I took a picture with my phone. I am not sure how well it turned it, but I just wanted to capture the moment. My hand still on the top of the steering wheel, I opened it and stretched my fingers comparing them to the sky above. The similarity was there. It moment just touched me heart, and it will probably mean nothing to others, but it meant something to me. I feel as if God is revealing himself to me more and more each day. I have my small group to thank for that, the people in my class, Doing What Jesus Did, the wonderful people who love me and believe in me, the Christians who help guide me and give me lots of hugs, and Cal, for being the brave, amazing, Awesome pastor that he is!

Life can be hard, but life is oh so good.

I find myself trying to hard to deliver God's miracles, and I need to look for the signals Cal talked about in church today. Can't wait to see what this week brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment