Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Journey to God continued...

So I left off in late 2008 where I would hit and miss church at Northwoods, but I felt something stirring inside. Some magnetic force pulling me to Northwoods. It was like when you hold two magnets close together, but you don't let them touch. You feel the power pulling, pulling; yet you resist the force and do not allow the magnets to touch each other. So imagine Northwoods as one magnet and me as the other. I felt the pull, the desire to be there, but I so often resisted it. I don't know if I was scared or what. Even though I attended church and Sunday school my whole life, I didn't understand the true meaning of the gifts I had been given. Baptism was more a declaration of what church you go to or attend on a weekly basis rather than a public declaration of the acceptance of Jesus Christ as your God and Savior. I didn't get it. All of these questions kept popping up in my head. I always turned to Leiana and Kris. They always told me I am thinking too much with my head and that God is a matter of the heart. Last night in a class at Northwoods, Bobbi said those same words, and I was reminded that God is with me at all times. I need to put my faith and trust back in Him.
That Christmas I attended a service and was amazed at the amount of time and effort went into it. Cal's message about opening your heart to Jesus to be saved really made me think. I didn't think I had that relationship with Him...(I better go, or I will be late for work.)
More to come on MY Story...always look for title Journey to God continued...

Be blessed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment