Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Holy Spirit

Hearing Bruce Wilkinson today at Northwoods really touched my heart. When we were up front committing ourselves to listening to the Holy Spirit in our everyday lives, I truly felt something. It was the weird thing, but I felt as if I was being held by something or...another. I felt as light as a feather, and I had a weird taste in my mouth. After I got my book signed, he said to me, "It is a challenge isn't it?" I told him I was up for the challenge. I was ready to go out and say, "What can I do for you?" I think I was looking too hard for someone. I just need to relax a little, and if I feel a nudge go for it. I am questioning myself too much. After church, I went grocery shopping, and it is the same people who work every Sunday when I go. I thought, "should I ask them what I can do for them? They are always so pleasant!" I didn't though. I wondered if I missed out. In the checkout line, Omar packs my bags every Sunday. I told him I remembered him and asked if he worked every Sunday. He said yes and asked if he could push the cart out for me. I said no, thanks, and have a good day then went on my way. I think next time I might say, Thanks, Omar, I would appreciate that, and find out a little bit more about it. Ask him what his story is. Who knows? Maybe I'm supposed to ask. I can't wait for the week to begin. I truly understand that the Holy Spirit is living in me, and I think I just heard Him say, "Hello, it is about time, girl!"

No comments:

Post a Comment