Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"You're Not Alone" DownHere

I just LOVE that song. I was rushing around this morning trying to get ready, and it came on the radio. It is so true, and I have to trust that more than I do. I guess that is why they call new Christians 'Baby Christians."

Pastor Cal's mother passed away recently, and I only saw her once from afar. It was during Cal's birthday celebration. All of his brothers and sisters came to church and sang together. It was awesome. I just remember watching her smile proudly at her son as he spoke. He has touched a lot of lives through his work in the ministry, and I know she probably couldn't express how incredible she thought her son was. I am not a mother YET, but I am a teacher. So much of what a person is like is a direct result of their parents. So to Mrs. Rychener's testament she did one amazing job being the mother of all of her children. To have lived a fulfilling, God-centered life and being going home to her Maker must be some sort of comfort for Cal and his family. My heart and prayers go out to them during this time of sweet sorrow. I am proud to be a part of the Northwoods family who has such an amazing leader. Mrs. Rychener...ya done good!

I had a dream that I was in Discoveryland, and Cal was there. He told me that his mom had passed away. Then all of a sudden my mom appears. She talked to Cal and to me. To see her at Northwoods was awesome. A great surprise visit. Maybe it was a sign of great things to come. She left, and Cal told me to just love her. I don't call as often as I should. I think I need to give her a call today and just tell her how much I love her.

Side Note: Talked to M's dad last night. Only had 2 cigarettes all day. I am so proud of him. He talked of needing some motivation and wanting to motivate M to do her best as well. He took the first step. Now I'm ready to encourage. I'm going to buy him a big tub of gum.

No comments:

Post a Comment