Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Northwoods

It never ceases to amaze me. Whenever I walk out of Northwoods Community Church in Peoria, IL, the sense of peace rushes over me. I can't explain it. Or at least I thought I couldn't. Pastor Cal is such a gifted speaker and more than that he is an amazing person. I will never forget the first day my friends, Leiana and Kris Hilton, walked me into Northwoods. In the summer of 2008, I was in awe of the size of the building and the number of people. Coming from a small town in central Illinois where people in the pews rarely grew past 100, I soaked it all in. Not once did I feel like this wasn't a safe place for me. That day listening to Bill Allison ( a guest speaker), I slowly started my faith journey. Over the next few days and maybe weeks, I hope to give you a glimpse into my journey because while it hasn't always been easy...it is soooo worth it.
More to come...

Dear Lord,
Please allow this blog and the heart I put into it affect someone's life. May I be one step to the beginning of his or her own faith journey. I don't claim to understand everything at all, but for now, my faith will lead me forward to help others have a personal relationship with God as I feel I now have. Special people like Leiana and Kris, Bobbi and Dave Bucknam, Faye, Candace Wyne, Greg and Laura Volkert,and Pastor Cal are the people who have shown me love and support and are always a source of inspiration to me...help them continue to be the light for others. Thank you for filling me with the Holy Spirit. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment