Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Before Discoveryland - Summer of 2008

Let me back up a bit.

Before I volunteered that Christmas of 2009 in Discoveryland, I still hadn't begun attending Northwoods on a regular basis by June of 2008. It was a rough patch for me. I had just finished my Master's, and I had put much time and effort into it. Therefore, I felt a sense of lonliness. Not only that, but a close friendship was changing. We were like sisters, and it then became a controlling friendship. I felt stuck, I felt frustrated, I felt like there was nothing that was my own anymore. The summer was very hard, but Northwoods became my sanctuary. The one place I could call my own. The one place I could feel completely safe and free of judgment from others and myself. I was doing things I shouldn't and eating a ton then working out a ton. Nothing in my life felt like it was in balance. It was all or nothing. I was up high or down low. I didn't know how to crawl out of the hole that I was digging deeper and deeper. The more I went to Northwoods, the more I wanted to be there. I didn't realize it at the time, but something was changing in me. The closer to Christmas it got, the closer God came to truly entering my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment